ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: S&W M&P 2.0 - who's rockin' one?
New postPosted: May 29th, 2017, 8:19 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Anybody have one of these yet or even shot one? Not interested in hearing what anyone has to say about the original M&P. I've held them and frankly wasn't that impressed. Granted, have heard good reviews from others but the fit and feel just didn't appeal to me. However, seeing as how the 2.0 has made the cover of this month's AR my interest has piqued. Especially the FDE model.

Post subject: Re: S&W M&P 2.0 - who's rockin' one?
New postPosted: May 29th, 2017, 10:43 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I had the opportunity to get one at an amazing price, so I picked up the 5" FDE model. I always liked the M&P over a Glock...thought the frame is just more comfortable in my hand.

The "improvements" are minor. It's basically just a standard M&P with a nice stipple job and an Apex trigger kit (but an actual Apex kit feels better). It is a better gun, but marginally.

Put about 300 rounds through it, but I didn't think the 5" 2.0 shot any better or different than a Glock 34, so it didn't stay in my collection very long.

New postPosted: May 30th, 2017, 1:15 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

The 2.0 intrigued me too but not enough to try it out based on what I was reading, just as quietm4 said, marginally better. I mean if I were looking to buy a M&P it would be a 2.0 but possibly not over a Glock 19, Sig P320, Walther PPQ, CZ P10C or HK VP9. Not in order. So yeah.

Oh PS I would probably look at the new CZ P10C striker pistol over all of them.

-Dan

New postPosted: May 30th, 2017, 3:32 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Sorry to take over your Thread John, but why do they have the "M&P" thing. What does that really mean ? I probably missed the earlier memo back many years ago !

New postPosted: May 30th, 2017, 4:20 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Military & Police. S&W hoped to get back into the LE and possibly the military game and from what I can find doing some simple research they've managed to achieve a global, albeit small, footprint. Looks like a number of US agencies are using them.

Admittedly my interest was piqued because it is on the cover and in FDE. Strange as it may seem I do not have anything in FDE. NO, Cerakote or Krylon is not an option for me. Ask asu174 about the red & black G19 Gen4 I was admiring the other day. Since I don't own one nor have I shot one I've nothing to compare against other than the one time I held one at my favorite LGS. My preference that trip was the FNX in both 9mm and .45. But there is something about the 5-in. FDE model that appeals to me. Does it appeal enough to get one? I don't know. It's much like when I was very interested in a Sig P227 and after thinking it over the price point for 2 additional rounds over the P220 was a deal breaker.

New postPosted: May 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Same as quietm4. Bought the 5 inch model in FDE and put a few hundred rounds through it. Felt and shot OK, but nothing special. Sold it and sticking with my Glocks.

New postPosted: May 31st, 2017, 9:07 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

AZF is very close to my Tempe office. Am going to stop in after work tomorrow to see if they have one. I am really partial to the 5" barrel in FDE. I really hope they DON'T have one.

New postPosted: June 12th, 2017, 5:47 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Almost bought one..... Decided not too....

The only thing I liked about the 2.0 is the "Candy Cane" on the trigger bar has been removed and the trigger bar has been reconfigured to do away with the "Candy Cane". This was a positive to me.... I use the APEX trigger shoes and that candy cane did create some reliability issues with the trigger resetting or rather not resetting.

I have an S&W M&P 9mm (MCSO issued) and it has 9,500 rounds at least thru it (July 2, will be 3 years that I have had it). Outside of the candy cane issue, NOT a single issue as of now. I use this gun just about every single Saturday and/or Sunday (100 to 150 rounds per use). It was completely torn down (not just field stripped) by MCSO range staff in October 2016 and I cleaned it up. It appeared to be just fine with no extreme wear that could be seen.... This is the reason I decided NOT to buy a 2.0, I didn't see any advancements to make a purchase worth while...

John

Affordable Firearms training!
623-694-0377
AZ CCW classes are $40
Defensive Handgun Class is $65
http://www.hollowpointccw.com
www.azccwclasses.com

New postPosted: June 12th, 2017, 5:51 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Honestly, put an APEX in the non 2.0's and I believe you will be happy with the trigger..... I put one in my M&P 9c and M&P Pro Series 9mm. The 2.0 can wait a while now.....

I don't care for the new stippling either.... I use Hogge sleeves anyways....

John

Affordable Firearms training!
623-694-0377
AZ CCW classes are $40
Defensive Handgun Class is $65
http://www.hollowpointccw.com
www.azccwclasses.com

New postPosted: June 12th, 2017, 6:27 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

So I'll probably go into AZF tomorrow or my favorite west side GS when I'm over there this coming weekend, see one in the case, play with it, and decide not to get it. Besides, after this past Saturday probably not a good idea for awhile. At least until the bathroom(s) remodel is done.

New postPosted: June 18th, 2017, 8:13 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I spent the day yesterday bonding with the grandson letting him eat things his mom normally won't let him have (my way of getting revenge for what she put us through) and we made the rounds of a couple of my favorite places. One did not have any 2.0s in stock. They guys said they were selling very well but they personally did not have a good opinion. They likened the 2.0 to the Glock RTF with a LOT more R than the Glock.

So I played with the regular M&P and for some reason while it felt fine and a decent trigger it was something I just didn't need to have.

Next up with the Sig P320. Had a debate on whether the .mil version would be available to the civilian market or not. This one was the non-safety model. It felt good, handled good, trigger a little gritty but again, just wasn't something I was absolutely needing to have.

Lat up was a G19 Gen4 with night sights. It almost came home with me. It had all sorts of appeal and the feel was great.

I really need to focus on the bathroom remodel first. :D

New postPosted: August 12th, 2017, 11:28 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Ive always been a DA/SA pistol guy and never really liked striker fired, but I bought the M&P 2.0 5" FDE because I wanted to try a long slide striker. The Glock 34 and springfield XD were the other two but I liked how the M&P felt in hand and I just really like the FDE color.
The trigger is nowhere near as good as any stock DA/SA like my Beretta 92 and CZ 75 but its decent. So far I like the 2.0. Its fast to draw and bring to target, accurate (enough), has an awesome grip feel, fast reset.
It reminds me of an AK47 being that it feels like its built loose so that it will not malfunction. There are gaps between the slide and frame, there is "slop" in the slide. Its definitely not a precision pistol.
My Beretta 92 compact is a work of art compared to the M&P, but I feel like I could throw the M&P in a mud hole, pull it out and do a mag dump just like you could with an AK.

New postPosted: August 12th, 2017, 2:03 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I've pretty much decided I won't be getting one. If the opportunity comes up to shoot one I won't hesitate but I simply don't see the need for one especially since I have others I train with regularly. I also doubt I will get a P320. I would however like to get something in FDE but it has to be something that is already in my current stable simply out of familiarity again because that is what I am training with.

The ONLY reason I could possibly see my getting a P320 is because I decided to pursue a Distinguished Pistol tab. However, the CMP has recognized and amended the rules on what a standard issue service pistol is and as a result I've got that covered as well.