"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently August 19th, 2017, 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Browning Double Auto Feeding issues
New postPosted: March 25th, 2016, 10:57 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

My son-in-laws father gave my grandson a Browning Double Auto. I took it out to shoot and it ejected the first round and fed the second round. It did not eject the second round. I took the gun apart, cleaned it and gave it a light oiling (per the owner's manual) and it still does not work correctly. Sometimes it will stovepipe the first round, sometimes it fails to eject the first round. I have tried all different types of shells including high brass. I have also cleaned the chamber with JB's bore cleaner.

Does anyone know what could be the issue or know a local gunsmith that is knowledgeable with Double Autos?

I am thinking possibly the front regulating cap (adjusting screw) is too tight, but really don't want to start loosening it without getting input from someone familiar with these guns.

Post subject: Re: Browning Double Auto Feeding issues
New postPosted: March 27th, 2016, 6:16 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I do not know how far you stripped it, but did you clean the recoil spring and assembly? That can cause an issue such as you have described.
This is a good link for fully stripping the Browning for a thorough cleaning.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=107555

New postPosted: March 31st, 2016, 5:46 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I stripped it down as far as the link you showed. I cleaned it and polished the chamber but it still acts the same.

New postPosted: March 31st, 2016, 10:54 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
Clean the gas system. You can find links online. I'm not sure that's an adjustable gas system.

New postPosted: April 1st, 2016, 4:33 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

No gas system. Recoil operated.

New postPosted: April 1st, 2016, 5:18 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
Was it used alot? Recoil op guns like heavier loads especially when new and don't like a flinching shoulder in anticipation of the recoil.
I think that cap os for 2 3/4 or 3 inch selection. But I could be wrong on that as well.

I thought it was gas for some reason.

New postPosted: April 1st, 2016, 7:07 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

chrisandclauida2 wrote:
Clean the gas system. You can find links online. I'm not sure that's an adjustable gas system.

You should stick to giving advice on things you know about, like welfare applications and hoverround battery choices.

New postPosted: April 1st, 2016, 4:29 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

And you should take your own advice...about things you don't know about that is. Not any of the other advice you give that gets folks banned when they repeat it, We don't want any harm to come to the tard mods fuzzy buddy. Just want to be clear I'm all about your mental health and long life and don't want any harm what so ever to come to you..

Got something on your chin, and it ain't fuzz.

But I get it, a gun made for a few less than 15 years, counting the rumored couple years with little or no production, ending not too many years after I was born, how could I dare mix up the action. I need to hit wikismartassery before I try to help.

Anyways as I said what I thought was a gas knob, from 30 year old memory, may be an adjustment for 2 3 /4 and 3 inch if your chamber is 3 inch. You can try that.

When TRH is done being the hall monitor he might help if he has something to add that could be relevant to the situation.

New postPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 7:49 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

WOW!!! Just looking for a little advice on a shotgun.

I have tried high brass shells and my gun is chambered for 2 3/4 inch shells only.

New postPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 10:00 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Sorry, was trying but I guess I needed permission and to pass a screening first.

I didn't like that gun and there is a reson that particular model was short lived. Well thats what folks who dont like it say anyways.The action has been improved upon and there are many folks who like it. I just stick to doubles or pump. I haven't owned a semi of any variety in 20 years or more.

The one we owned was less than reliable as well.

New postPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 10:12 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Just thought of something. PM on the way.

New postPosted: April 5th, 2016, 7:13 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Got it working. Don't know exactly what fixed it. I adjusted the adjustment cap, polished the inside of the receiver and replaced the action springs. Shot it this morning and it worked like a champ with no issues. Yahoo!!

New postPosted: April 6th, 2016, 6:07 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Did that adjustment make a discernable difference in the barrel looseness/tightness or smooth out the start of the recoil stroke?

Glad it's working. Nothing suckes more than an unreliable gun.

New postPosted: April 13th, 2016, 5:44 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

No it didn't make any noticable difference.

New postPosted: November 19th, 2016, 5:44 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

To the OP - I love that Browning design as my Dad taught me pheasant and partridge hunting with one starting at age 12. It was designed by John Moses Browning's son. The "niche" was for European hunters that were limited to double barrel capacity shotguns. It in theory was better because it was lighter (only one barrel for 2 shots) and quicker once you got used to it. My Dad passed on in 2010 at age 86 and I am now 62. Gives you an idea how old this platform is. Dad and I changed out springs twice as I recall over our bird hunting years together. We hunted a lot so I'd say a spring change every 10 years was the average and I'd bet that was your cure. Enjoy it!!