"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently January 21st, 2018, 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Dillon 650 Upgrades Worth Every Dime
New postPosted: November 18th, 2017, 3:16 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have reloading a whole lot of 5.56 and 7.62 NATO. Trimming and swaging is a real pain in the ass. Most of the brass I use is military. Got really sick of using RCBS and LEE trim tools so went to Dillon and bought the 1500 case trimmer and a trim die for both. Now I can trim 900 plus an hour. Iam in heaven. I have the 600 swager. Works great but now I have 10k of 7.62 brass. So I bought the swage it. Now I decap, size, swage, and trim on one press set up. The swage it has been totally reliable. Ran several tests before starting. And the customer service is outstanding.

Post subject: Re: Dillon 650 Upgrades Worth Every Dime
New postPosted: November 20th, 2017, 9:15 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have not found many companies with Dillon's customer service mission.

Post subject: Re: Dillon 650 Upgrades Worth Every Dime
New postPosted: December 14th, 2017, 2:27 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Mirando Ketner wrote:
I have reloading a whole lot of 5.56 and 7.62 NATO. Trimming and swaging is a real pain in the ass. Most of the brass I use is military. Got really sick of using RCBS and LEE trim tools so went to Dillon and bought the 1500 case trimmer and a trim die for both. Now I can trim 900 plus an hour. Iam in heaven. I have the 600 swager. Works great but now I have 10k of 7.62 brass. So I bought the swage it. Now I decap, size, swage, and trim on one press set up. The swage it has been totally reliable. Ran several tests before starting. And the customer service is outstanding.

Yes that "Swage IT" works pretty good. I have been using mine for a couple of years now. The only issue I have with it, is that it doesn't clean the swage up on the R. A. (Royal Ordinance) Brass. It seems to leave a bit of the swage in there and then its hard to insert primers. Early on I decided to keep those separate, and then swage with the 600. but even there, I have to really force that brass to accept new primers.