"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Ruger 9e
New postPosted: December 5th, 2017, 9:02 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Anybody own one and what's the scoop on these pistols?

I have never owned a Ruger center fire pistol. Though I do know the P-series were not the greatest.

Post subject: Re: Ruger 9e
New postPosted: December 6th, 2017, 12:02 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have one and got it after the SR9 (which is the deluxe version) and like the 9e even better.

Here are the basics:

It's a Glock style gun (that is: trigger safety, 1/2 DAO, striker fired 9mm) based on a slimmer polymer frame and with a magazine box just like the S&W M&P pistols. Holds 17 rounds and in my experience is perfectly reliable. Trigger pull is good and you can improve the trigger pull with the addition of a reduced power connector from Ghost or other suppliers (just like a Glock). The grip is very slim and includes a reversible back strap (just like the SR9) to refine to your preferences. Bad news: only comes with 1 magazine, the slide mounted serrations aren't as fine as the original SR9, and the trigger pull isn't quite as good as a Glock. Good news: sight are better, there's no magazine safety like the CA compliant SR9 models, and it's very affordable (seen retail prices around $300 new).

9e holds 17 rounds in the magazine, has an ergonomically correct ambidextrous safety that can be used or ignored depending on the shooter's preference. Has conventional rifling so lead bullets aren't a problem and I've never had any issues firing cheap steel cased ammo from eastern Europe. The earlier Ruger P-series guns weren't pretty but they did work reliably. . . the 9e is MUCH better and totally different. Unless you're a single action trigger snob, I'll bet you'll be satisfied with one for the money.

New postPosted: December 6th, 2017, 8:09 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I dunno about the 9e, but I love my SR9C. I know the 9e is basically their budget version of the SR9.

New postPosted: December 9th, 2017, 9:22 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

mallic wrote:
I dunno about the 9e, but I love my SR9C. I know the 9e is basically their budget version of the SR9.

Other than the fact that it only comes with one mag, the SR9e is better than the SR9 all around.

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/MarkHorning