ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently April 26th, 2018, 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Who makes a complete 10" 9mm AR upper with mag block?
New postPosted: September 29th, 2017, 1:23 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I've been searching this thread and I haven't found a definitive answer to my question.

There's so many ways to achieve a 9mm ar it has me confused.

I have a lower that I have 3 uppers for.
1. 300BK
2. 556
3. .22
Now I was thinking- wouldn't it be cool to have a 9mm upper. Just kicking the idea around and see the different configs the bcg comes in

I was looking to use the existing lower with a 9mm upper and with a mag block. But do they make a mag block that works with the glock magazines and the bcg?

Or am I stuck with using stick mags unless I find a dedicated Glock AR lower?

Is there a manufacturer that makes a complete drop in kit so I do t have to order parts from 3 different places.

That and the question of your guys experiences with the various kits. I don't want to be stuck with a turd.

Post subject: Re: Who makes a complete 10" 9mm AR upper with mag block?
New postPosted: September 29th, 2017, 8:51 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

There are no Glock magwell adapters to my knowledge. I have used a drop in adapter from PSA that used stick mags with good results. Stick mags are cheaper than Glock mags and in my opinion have a better feed angle. I assume you're using a single registered lower for the rest, otherwise I'd say just buy a Glock lower and put a brace on it. I would go shorter, maybe 7" if not suppressed, both of mine are 5" and those might be longer than I'd like with the can. If I were rebarreling these I'd consider a 5" 3 lug setup over direct thread for ease of mounting the can and making sure it didn't unscrew.

New postPosted: September 29th, 2017, 9:38 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

There's a company called torkmag that makes a glock adapter. I was opting for the glock mags solely based on reliability. However I'd be curious how your stick mags work.

New postPosted: September 30th, 2017, 6:40 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

In my experience stick mags are more reliable because of the horizontal cartridge angle. I also really like that they use a standard mag catch instead of a funky out of place button. When looking at bolt hold open, once again the stick mags are more simple where the follower pushes up the bolt catch directly instead of the relatively fragile lever arrangement that pulls up the bolt catch with the Glock mags. The stick mags hold 32 rounds and cost $12-15 on sale for the brand I use.

I was in the same camp as you until I purchased a Stag Arms left handed 9mm rifle a couple years back. As a Glock fanboy I hesitated to go with stick mags, but if I wanted left hand eject I didn't have a choice. Now that I have both mag types and a Lula loader for the stick mags my Glock lower right hand eject SBR sits lonely in the back of the safe unless my wife wants to use it.

New postPosted: September 30th, 2017, 8:38 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I appreciate the input bronco. Where are you getting the stick mags from? That's a pretty good price

New postPosted: September 30th, 2017, 9:13 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

These places:

http://www.44mag.com/product/asc_9mm_ar ... c_magazine

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main ... s_id=12062

The ASC mags are what Stag Arms shipped with their rifle. I have 10 in circulation for the past year without issues. The coating is good until you try to wipe down the mag with rubbing alcohol, then it comes off. Be sure to buy this loader if you go the stick mag route:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10151 ... -9mm-luger

New postPosted: September 30th, 2017, 1:22 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

BroncoAZ wrote:
Be sure to buy this loader if you go the stick mag route:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10151 ... -9mm-luger

+1 [smilie=anim_bannana.gif]

New postPosted: April 11th, 2018, 10:18 pm 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

OP, not sure if you are still looking? I have a 9mm 16” carbine. It has a Anderson dedicated lower, built with a light trigger spring & heavy buffer plug so it cycles correctly. My upper is PSA complete 16” non-profiled barrel with their bcg. It has a drop in mag well adapter. I’m pretty happy with the build, almost no recoil when firing, just a little disappointed with the weight of the barrel. I swear it’s almost same weight as my SS 50 Beowulf upper. [smilie=icon_eek.gif]
Look at all your options, but hopefully you’ll be able to start adding some dedicated lowers as your collection grows. Good luck with your search. So many calibers, decisions, decisions... [smilie=anim_banghead.gif]

Last edited by 40mike-mike on April 12th, 2018, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

New postPosted: April 11th, 2018, 10:36 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Another old thread dug up from the grave...

New postPosted: April 12th, 2018, 9:20 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

BroncoAZ wrote:
Another old thread dug up from the grave...

I foresee a lot of this in the near future with backpage down.

However I don’t mind the input as I never actually settled on building a 9mm upper with everything going on in life. Buying a new house and renovations puts gun projects on the back burner.

New postPosted: April 12th, 2018, 3:43 pm 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Limogabe, OP, glad any input I gave was helpful, if in any way. In other forums I belong to, there are short breaks in posts on firearm build projects & purchases for the exact reasons you cited. Life happens & I wish you the best in financial hobby fund recovery, so you can finally get what you want.

BroncoAZ, I would not have revived an old post if there was a post where OP stated what was bought & happy with it. It’s a shame so many on here are very suspicious of any Newb, yet I understand. I hope eventually to make friends with the regulars here, both of you included, however it will take time.

This seems like a very helpful site to network with others, this in all facets of buying, selling & gaining more knowledge. To me a seasoned collector can know a lot, but never stops learning. I wish y’all the best n God bless.
Rob [smilie=anim_50cal.gif]