ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 07:00

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Home water filters H20 Concepts
New postPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 17:40 
New to AZS

Thinking of getting a water filter system for the house. I see on TV one called H20 Concepts. I think they are out of Phoenix. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the H20 Concepts If so how good does it work and what about does it cost. TY

Post subject: Re: Home water filters H20 Concepts
New postPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 21:06 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Here's something I found that might interest you.
http://www.comparehomewaterfilter.com/compare_wholehouse_filters.html?source=google&gclid=CMWm3rHuwZgCFRk_awodiWa22A

I think you'd be better served with a reverse osmosis for drinking water. Hell, even a main line charcoal filter would be financially sounder investment than that smoke and mirror operation. I'd bet they do not sell their filtration system without their super electro calcium zapper gizmo.
They remind me of all the magnets that people out in Sun City bought and put on their water lines that "filtered" their water [smilie=anim_banghead.gif]

New postPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 16:42 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

many who have purchased the H200 system are very happy.
www.everpure.com

you get what you pay for.

New postPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 08:05 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Bendable wrote:
many who have purchased the H200 system are very happy.
http://www.everpure.com

you get what you pay for.

Not always. Those magnets that were clamped on those peoples main lines cost them around 300.00 15 years ago and did nothing to "filter" or "cleanse" the water.

That Everpure system looks good. Kinetico and Rayne both sell and rent similar products and are highly reputable.

New postPosted: 11 Feb 2009, 19:54 
New to AZS

Heres another neat solution http://www.ecoloblue.com/en/ecoloblue

My friend has one and it works great. Gonna pick one up myself sooner then later.

New postPosted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:05 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

R.O. systems waste too much water themselves; the backflush of all the sludge removed will use an amount of water equal to what gets filtered. Plus it leaves an acidic taste in the water. That was the reason I did away with the one that came with a house we bought years ago.

If you are looking to do this for drinking water only, a good undersink system available at all the usual places is the way to go. Get the units with 2 filters minimum; 3 is better. If your refrigerator is set up with a water dispenser, just add an in-line filter to compliment the filter in the fridge.

If you are looking to go with a whole house system, just install one (preferably 2) of the main line size filters on the main. If you have a soft water loop and don't intend to install a soft water system, that is the place to make the break. The all you need do is change out the filters a couple of times a year.

We looked at one of the H2O Concepts systems and at the time, I could not justify the $4500 price tag. Still can't. Not when I was able to purchase a top of line Kenmore water softener for $529 and install it myself. We use the potassium-based salts in ours.

New postPosted: 03 Mar 2014, 05:31 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have had the H2O Concepts system in my home for over 10 years trouble free. Water taste great from every tap. I think we paid around $3000 at the time. No RO systems required under sinks. You still get light spotting on your shower glass, but the difference is it cleans off with little effort.

New postPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 14:09 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

http://www.premierh2o.com/premier-53141 ... stem-plus/

Just installed one and it seems to work good, the waste part is not as bad as it use to be, John is right they use to be real water wasters.

This company is here in Phoenix, also a plus.

If you have copper feeding your ice maker in the fridge it would be a good idea to go to plastic since RO water is hungry and will eat holes in the copper.

Mont

602-955-3007 8:00-5:00 M-F
602-955-0707 Fax
Phoenix-Firearms@cox.net

New postPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 14:23 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Phoenix Firearms wrote:
http://www.premierh2o.com/premier-531417-ro-pure-reverse-osmosis-system-plus/

Just installed one and it seems to work good, the waste part is not as bad as it use to be, John is right they use to be real water wasters.

If you have copper feeding your ice maker in the fridge it would be a good idea to go to plastic since RO water is hungry and will eat holes in the copper.

Mont

Have had an older unit like this under my sink for 13 years. Changed filters 4 times and a new tank once($45ebay). Local company. It does rinse itself with water that flushes down the drain but its just for drinking and not the volumes used in flushing the crapper or showering. The polishing filter gets rid of that acidic taste. Well spent and would repeat this path again.

New postPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 14:39 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Two local radio health experts I respect have advertized H2O Concepts for a long time. Having seen the innards of RO filters before they're changed, I'm nearly disgusted. I absolutely DESPISE soft-water, and the slimyfeeling it leaves me with. IT's like you're never able to completely rinse off the soap! Plus, lots of money for salts. No one needs more salt in their bodies, nor do we need it in our groundwaters.

New postPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 14:53 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

jrleen wrote:
Phoenix Firearms wrote:
http://www.premierh2o.com/premier-531417-ro-pure-reverse-osmosis-system-plus/

Mont

Have had an older unit like this under my sink for 13 years. Changed filters 4 times and a new tank once($45ebay). Local company. It does rinse itself with water that flushes down the drain but its just for drinking and not the volumes used in flushing the crapper or showering. The polishing filter gets rid of that acidic taste. Well spent and would repeat this path again.

I missed that House thing, this one is just for kitchen use. [smilie=icon_redface.gif]

Mont

602-955-3007 8:00-5:00 M-F
602-955-0707 Fax
Phoenix-Firearms@cox.net

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2014, 16:07 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

We had a Lifesource charcoal whole house filter at our last place. It was awesome and did a great job. Every tap tasted great and showers felt noticeably better.

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2014, 20:02 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Phoenix Firearms wrote:

LOL....you don't want to know how much the plastic line to the ice maker cost me. The water bill for the 10,000 gallons that flooded the house was the cheap part.