"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 08:51

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post subject: New Survival Store Just Opened Up in Prescott
New postPosted: 21 May 2011, 17:41 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

A new survival store ("Off The Grid Survival Gear") just opened up in Prescott, and I stopped by for a visit today. It's kinda small, but they've got most of the essentials covered. I came away with some Mylar bags and O2 absorbers - things I'd been planning to order via the internet for a while now. It was nice to have them available locally for a change.

They're at 1201 Iron Springs Road (right across the street from Prescott Honda) and they're open until 6:00 pm M-F, and 4:00 pm Saturdays (closed Sundays).

If you're a Yavapai county prepper, you might want to check it out.

Post subject: Re: New Survival Store Just Opened Up in Prescott
New postPosted: 21 May 2011, 18:35 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Do you know if they have a website?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

New postPosted: 21 May 2011, 18:55 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I asked the owner; he said they have "www.offthegridsurvivalgear.com" in the works, but that it's not online yet.

I checked the above web address anyway, and all you get is a blank GoDaddy.com webpage - so it does seem that there's some work to be done. ;)

New postPosted: 21 May 2011, 20:52 
New to AZS

Thanks for the heads up. That is pretty much just across the street from my station. I will have to go pop my head in next shift.

New postPosted: 25 May 2011, 00:06 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I was in there a little over a month back. The guy seems to know his stuff and he's got great prices on stuff. He had 1 month food buckets for less than what Costco sells them for. He told me that he was planning a big grand opening and he's trying to get Cody Lundin to attend.

What's really convenient is that Hunter's Outpost is next door. It's also a relatively new store. You can get your survival gear at Off the Grid, then go next door to Hunter's Outpost and stock up on guns and ammo. Awesome!

New postPosted: 25 May 2011, 00:46 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

New postPosted: 27 May 2011, 16:18 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Location: 1201 W. Iron Springs Road, Ste 12, Prescott, AZ 86305
Thanks for the kind words everyone! We were surprised to hear about this forum talking about our store. Today is the start of our 9th week. We will have a website in the near future. It will be a combination of ecommerce, information, and possibly blogs. We are bringing in new products practically every week. Yes, the store is only 1000 Sq ft (small) but we are committed to growing and carrying products our customers want. We strive to carry quality products at a fair price. So, feel free to stop by, touch, review and talk about the products before buying.

Thanks again everyone!

Lee Divelbiss

1201 W. Iron Springs Road, Suite 12
Prescott, AZ 86304

New postPosted: 27 May 2011, 16:31 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Making it through a disaster is one thing. Being ready before it hits is another.

That's the focus of Daniel Olague and Lee Divelbiss' new business, Off The Grid Survival Gear, at 1201 Iron Springs Road.

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?Search ... D=1148&S=1

Welcome to the site. Dropped into your store and as long as you keep quality materials and stay away from "junk" people will help you build your business. Once people realize that sturdy products, and their related costs, are better for survival than people will be more likely to return. PS love your limited but great knife selection.

New postPosted: 27 May 2011, 19:17 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Lee Divelbiss wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! We were surprised to hear about this forum talking about our store. Today is the start of our 9th week. We will have a website in the near future. It will be a combination of ecommerce, information, and possibly blogs. We are bringing in new products practically every week. Yes, the store is only 1000 Sq ft (small) but we are committed to growing and carrying products our customers want. We strive to carry quality products at a fair price. So, feel free to stop by, touch, review and talk about the products before buying.

Thanks again everyone!

Lee Divelbiss

If you guys open a site, send me a pm so I can buy stuff. :)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

New postPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:07 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

We are truly committed in bring in quality products and will continue to do so. We are looking in to bring Esee products / knives in the very near future. We won't ever have a huge knife selection, but we will have good ones!

We are also open to customer's requests!

Thanks again!

Prescott, AZ 86304

New postPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 18:49 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Everyone, we decided not to go with the Esee Knives for reasons I am not willing to discuss. However, we are a dealer and I can place orders if the need arises. I apologize for misleading anyone and promise to not make this a habit!

We did bring in Dawson Knives, USA. We are extremely excited about these knives. They are a local company and have been building knives for over 40 years. If you've never seen or handled a Dawson, Lynn, Cook or John Roy knife you are quite simply missing out! All of their knives are custom made in the truest since. No two knives are the same as they are created 100% by hand. No CNC's with this group.

We also brought in products from FoodWise and will continue to add their products. Their products are organic freeze dried storable foods. All of their foods go through a rigorous testing process for pesticides, e-coli, salmonella, etc...before being processed and freeze dried. They store their products in BPA Free PETE Jars as well.

Berkey Water Products have arrived as well.

I hope I haven't violated any forum rules by posting this update. If so, I apologize in advance.

See you at the store!

Prescott, AZ 86304

New postPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 21:06 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I stopped in this store last Friday while on a job in Prescott. Did not know it was new. Had a good assortment of essentials that most people don't think about.

The logo looks pretty good on a T-Shirt. Best of luck with the new venture. [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

New postPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 13:17 
New to AZS

Jermedic wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. That is pretty much just across the street from my station. I will have to go pop my head in next shift.

you work for fire or private ambo?

-James Mattis(by far, the best qutote i have ever heard)

New postPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 13:34 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I'm in the market for a future "well bucket" purchase... some kind of tube you lower manually down a well pipe to secure small amounts of water at a time....

New postPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 18:30 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Thank you for the kind words! We have been opened for 12 weeks this Saturday.

We don't have any well buckets...at this time. We're not familiar with any at this moment and will have to do some research as I have some concerns about the effectiveness and efficiency. However, we do have solar pumps (none in stock - this is a quote based solution). Also, can get hand pumps (again a quote based solution). There are just too many variables with wells to try and keep everything in stock, so we have found the quote based solution works the best for everyone.

Hope to see you at the store! We are adding new items all the time. If we don't have something you are looking for, don't be shy in making a request or suggestion!

Thanks everyone!

Prescott, AZ 86304