"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently November 17th, 2017, 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Millet Scope for 50 BMG?
New postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 12:11 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I am looking for a different scope for my 50 BMG (Bluegrass Viper XL). I don't care for the fixed 10X Bushnell Elite that is has now. This thing will not be shot much and I don't do competition shooting so not looking to spend a couple grand on a scope. I know you get what you pay for (most of the time) when it comes to scopes.

This Millet looks like it might be a good compromise. Reviews are basically good and specs look like they will work for what I want.

Anyone here have any personal experience with these?

Specifications for Millet 6-25x 56mm Illuminated Reticle Long Range Riflescope:

Model: BK81006
Magnification: 6x-25x
Objective: 56mm
Tube Diameter: 35mm
Click Adjustment: Positive 1/4 MOA click adjustments
Eye relief: 3" +
Coating: Fully multi-coated
Reticle: Illuminated glass-etched Mil-DotBar

Features of Millet 6-25 x 56mm LRS 1 Long Range Rifle Scope w/ Illuminated Reticle:
•Huge 56 mm objective objective for a wider field of view and brighter image
•Massive, super-strong 35mm tube improves reliability and resolution
•35mm scope rings included
•Fully multi-coated lense
•140 MOA elevation adjustment
•Locking windage and elevation target turrets
•Large settable windage and elevation knobs
•Positive 1/4 MOA click adjustments for windage and elevation
•Come-up scale on windage and elevation adjustments
•Quick side-focus range adjustment
•European-style eye focus
•Glass etched exclusive Mil-DotBar reticle
•Matte black finish one-piece T6 aluminum tube
•All Millett scopes are computer tested to assure quality

Package Contents:
•Millett 6-25X56mm LRS-1 Long-Range Rifle Scope, Matte Black - Illuminated Reticle BK81006
•35mm tactical rings
•Lens shade

Post subject: Re: Millet Scope for 50 BMG?
New postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 12:13 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Millett's warranty is good, so go for it.

And I'll give you $100 for that 3200 10x mil dot.

Today he has returned via subatomic transporter with his crew, starship and... PANTS unaccounted for.

New postPosted: August 20th, 2013, 8:20 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

What is your budget?

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
—AYN RAND

New postPosted: August 20th, 2013, 8:46 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Money isn't the real issue. I just can't see spending $1200 and up for a scope for a rifle that, 1) is just a toy not a tool, 2) will see little use, 3) will never be used for competition or serious target work.

Lets face it, scopes lose resale value faster than a Ford Pinto. I would rather piss away 200 - 300 on a $600 scope than 600 - 700 on a $1200 scope if I decide to move on to a different toy.

New postPosted: August 21st, 2013, 4:06 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I have a Millet 6X25X56 non-lighted reticle on an AR50, Like your statement, I'm not a competitor so and it is a toy. I found a spot where I shoot 500 or 900 Yds. The scope has seen about 100 Rounds so far and has worked perfectly.

I've shot next to a couple friends that have the high-priced glass on their Fitties and looking at needles on a saguaro cactus or light transmission at dawn or dusk is a bit better but not enough for my eyes to justify the difference in price. Especially when I consider I could get almost 500 rounds of Fittie for that difference and practice much more than they do.

New postPosted: October 11th, 2013, 11:58 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I got one of these for my Barrett.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P499.aspx

It's rated for .50, and it has a good reputation for lasting on a .50 as well. I put it on a $200 one piece mount that I also got from SWFA, and I'm happy. I haven't put a whole lot of rounds down range with it, but I'm not worried. They have some adjustable units for a little more. I'm a happy camper for the $500 I have invested in the package.

New postPosted: October 11th, 2013, 12:02 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: behind you, beside you, in front of you in Phoenix.az , with you.
not on a fifty, but I put the millet 6x24x56 on my 300 win mag, and boy howdy I could see the future. real happy, at 800 yds its doing its part if I work hard.

New postPosted: December 29th, 2013, 7:35 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have that same scope on my Barrett M99 and it works perfectly as long as i don't screw it up or worse yet knock it off of zero by adjusting it for some condition then forgetting about the adjustments....

i've been using millet on that since I got it and it's works fine. Now for my hunting scopes I have an array of Vortex Viper's, Leupold Mark Iv's, and U.S. Optics.

Please sign up for our weekly email specials: http://eepurl.com/ciB_pb

New postPosted: December 29th, 2013, 8:33 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I put the Millet on earlier this month. I took it out with some friends and half assed sighting it in so the others could shoot it, (their first time with a 50). It looks like it is going to work just fine for what I will be using the rifle for.

All my hunting rifles have Nikon. One Pro Staff and the rest are Buckmaster. As I am getting old I have been going to 50mm to let in more light. Most of my hunting is for whitetails in northern Louisiana where the woods are dense and get dark fast.

New postPosted: December 29th, 2013, 8:38 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

AZHighcountry wrote:
I put the Millet on earlier this month. I took it out with some friends and half assed sighting it in so the others could shoot it, (their first time with a 50). It looks like it is going to work just fine for what I will be using the rifle for.

All my hunting rifles have Nikon. One Pro Staff and the rest are Buckmaster. As I am getting old I have been going to 50mm to let in more light. Most of my hunting is for whitetails in northern Louisiana where the woods are dense and get dark fast.

I have nikon pro staff's and buckmasters, once i looked down a vortex viper it was all over with. I've been switching out some weapons for Vipers and others now get my US Optics LR17 thrown on them with a QD mount from GG&G.

Please sign up for our weekly email specials: http://eepurl.com/ciB_pb

New postPosted: December 29th, 2013, 9:00 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

eodinert wrote:
I got one of these for my Barrett.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P499.aspx

It's rated for .50, and it has a good reputation for lasting on a .50 as well. I put it on a $200 one piece mount that I also got from SWFA, and I'm happy. I haven't put a whole lot of rounds down range with it, but I'm not worried. They have some adjustable units for a little more. I'm a happy camper for the $500 I have invested in the package.

I broke 2 on my Barrett, first was a 20x canted the crosshairs sideways, they replaced it with a 16 power that the Barrett completely destroyed the recticle and you couldn't even see out of it anymore, then they replaced it with a 10power that held up pretty decently. I shot the piss out of that rifle though and the fact of the matter is the 50 destroys scopes.

New postPosted: March 15th, 2014, 9:35 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I would call Millet up and ask if the scope is rated for the 50cal and see what the warranty is. I also had the SWFA 10x42HD on my Barrett 50cal and it was a great , strong scope. Never had a problem with it. It is very different than the regular 10x42 non HD model.

New postPosted: May 21st, 2014, 1:37 pm 
New to AZS

i have a ATN 12-36-80 i just puled off of the 50bmg i sold. i love that scope and if you are looking for something decent i would be more than willing for you to check it out. The price point is not bad for it and i can see past the future. O yea btw new to the forum (first post).

New postPosted: November 8th, 2017, 7:06 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

ynotaz wrote:
I have a Millet 6X25X56 non-lighted reticle on an AR50, Like your statement, I'm not a competitor so and it is a toy. I found a spot where I shoot 500 or 900 Yds. The scope has seen about 100 Rounds so far and has worked perfectly.

I've shot next to a couple friends that have the high-priced glass on their Fitties and looking at needles on a saguaro cactus or light transmission at dawn or dusk is a bit better but not enough for my eyes to justify the difference in price. Especially when I consider I could get almost 500 rounds of Fittie for that difference and practice much more than they do.

OH well, it has been 6 years, around 300 rounds of 50BMG and the Millett failed. No rattling parts inside but image was all but gone. The good news is that Millett appears to be owned by Bushnell and doesn't require proof of purchase or anything else for their "lifetime" warranty so the scope is on its way for repair or replacement. The bad news is the warranty defines "lifetime" as 30 years so I am expired.

And I thought I would go out in an ANTIFA attack.