Post subject: Three US KIA in Niger
New postPosted: October 4th, 2017, 8:21 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

RIP to the fallen.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/04 ... mbush.html

Quote:
Three Green Berets killed, two wounded in Niger ambush

Three U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers were killed and two others were wounded Wednesday in an ambush in the west African country of Niger.

U.S. Africa Command confirmed that a joint patrol of Green Berets and Nigerien soldiers was attacked in the southwestern part of Niger, near the border with Mali. Officials told Fox News that between eight and 10 troops were part of the patrol.

Officials told the Associated Press that the commandos were likely attacked by Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.

The officials added that the two wounded U.S. soldiers were taken to Niamey, the capital, and are in stable condition.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that President Trump had been briefed on the ambush by Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Africa Command says the U.S. forces are in Niger to provide training and security assistance to the Nigerien Armed Forces in their efforts against violent extremists.

Niger, a former French colony, is one of the poorest nations in the world. In April, the State Department issued a travel warning advising American citizens against visiting the landlocked country's border regions, including the area where the ambush took place.

"Due to security concerns and travel restrictions, the U.S. Embassy’s ability to assist U.S. citizens in remote and rural areas is very limited," read the statement, which also warned of the possibility of kidnapping.

Post subject: Re: Three US KIA in Niger
New postPosted: October 4th, 2017, 8:47 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

There go my vacation plans...

New postPosted: October 5th, 2017, 5:34 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: behind you, beside you, in front of you in Phoenix.az , with you.
My SIL has been in and out of several countries in africa for the last 8 months, says its one ugly place to be, also mentioned he'd rather be in afganistan or iraq again versus this, says everyone hates them, and wants to do violence.

any how, what the fudge are we doing trying to police the world, i for one am tired of the USA being the world cops and then b eing chastised for the work.

just saying
Rj

New postPosted: October 5th, 2017, 5:39 am 
New to AZS

Thank you for posting. This sucks.

New postPosted: October 8th, 2017, 8:33 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Updated --- official reports came back at 4 US KIA.

New postPosted: October 8th, 2017, 9:46 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Sebastian Gorka said on the John Batchelor show last week that the death of these soldiers has a link to Obama and Hillary's failed policy in Benghazi...the Islamist Maghreb that are believed to have carried out the attack are from Algeria, and arms originated in Libya.

By Hildebeast and obama deciding it was their job to overthrow Ghadafi, it set the Algerians on a course to end up with the arms that Gorka claimed were used in the attack.

Scroll down to 3.1

http://statecrime.org/state-crime-resea ... te-crimes/

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose."~Sir Adrian

New postPosted: October 9th, 2017, 7:42 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Niger? Why the hell are we even there?

New postPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:05 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

The nephew of a coworker of mine is over there. He's part of an ODA team but not that one. He was about 100 miles away from where the ambush took place. Of course some of the family are not happy he's even there.

For an administration that claimed to be the most transparent ever and without a smidgen of scandal there sure was a lot of shady things going on. Lesser people were sentenced to prison terms for far less than what Obama and Hillary have done in the *official* capacity. Hillary's gun running scheme is directly responsible for the death of four Americans not to mention the further destabilization of West Africa.

As Henry Waxman once opined, "there is so much you just don't know where to start".