It is currently April 26th, 2018, 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 14th, 2006, 2:22 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

younggun wrote:
And as far as dirt and stuff jamming up in the locking device on the SERPA that is a problem but I don't plan on rolling in the dirt or atleast hope I never have too.

Sometimes Mr. Murphy just doesn't give a shit about what you want or plan.

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 15th, 2006, 9:26 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

MudBug wrote:
If you're looking for the version with the latch don't bother, they are proving to be dangerous. If it's the other version see TimW at Practical Tactical.

I carry my Glock 17 in a SERPA holster daily, and have experienced no safety issues. When I draw the pistol, my trigger finger is resting right along the side of the frame where it's supposed to be. I haven't experienced any problems with dirt locking the latch up, but then again I haven't rolled around with it on.

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 15th, 2006, 9:30 pm 
New to AZS

TimW wrote:
younggun wrote:
And as far as dirt and stuff jamming up in the locking device on the SERPA that is a problem but I don't plan on rolling in the dirt or atleast hope I never have too.

Sometimes Mr. Murphy just doesn't give a shit about what you want or plan.

+1

There are tens of thousands of people roaming the streets not planning to be victims...but it just doesnt work out that way. Life has a way of making your plans go to shit.

Rick

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 15th, 2006, 9:44 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

CorporalChaos wrote:
I carry my Glock 17 in a SERPA holster daily, and have experienced no safety issues. When I draw the pistol, my trigger finger is resting right along the side of the frame where it's supposed to be. I haven't experienced any problems with dirt locking the latch up, but then again I haven't rolled around with it on.

I have experienced the same success as you have.

Doesn't mean it will always be thusly.

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 19th, 2006, 6:17 pm 
New to AZS

I have a review I wrote up but will post as a new topic so everyone will see it.

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 19th, 2006, 6:26 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

CorporalChaos wrote:
MudBug wrote:
If you're looking for the version with the latch don't bother, they are proving to be dangerous. If it's the other version see TimW at Practical Tactical.

I was just passing on the info I have read. TimW also seems to have no problems with his, but I'm guessing that since he's also a member at GOTX he knows that a few training companies (including TRI) have banned them from their classes.

I have one for a 1911 though I have never used it, just cuz I never carry the 1911.

http://450bushmaster.net

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 19th, 2006, 9:45 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I don't know if Tactical Response has or has not 'banned' the holster from their classrooms.

Chaos - the situation SEEMS to afflict those with large hands/long fingers. I have smaller hands (medium gloves) and my index finger rests alonside the SERPA latch. Those with longer fingers have their fingertip extend beyond the latch. Thus they have to crook/bend their finger to actuate the latch.

The issue then becomes one of having a bent finger, pressing inward, while the weapon is being drawn from the holster. This pressure, esp. if done quickly and under time-constraints, can cause the finger to snap into the trigger guard. On a Glock, nothing good can come of that.

I've replicated that at least 1/2 dozen times using a red gun and (unloaded, no barrel) Glock. When using the actual Glock, the gun would have fired.

Post subject: Re: Black Hawk Holster
New postPosted: April 11th, 2018, 5:33 pm 
New to AZS

Too many have banned the Level III holster because so many students fail to train with it and then there are NDs, ESPECIALLY UNDER DURESS!!! That's not me though. As an Instructor and all to often, they have to 'dumb it down' to the least experienced Shooter, at least for the most part. Those of us practiced then pay, and are prohibited from using the product(s) we actually correctly invested our money in. If I'm open carry, I'd be very happy to utilize my LIII Serpa. If concealed, I've found many other companies and their holsters that I prefer. Unfortunately, and you won't like this answer... you can't know until you own and use. THAT'S WHY WE ALL HAVE THAT HOLSTER DRAWER (and pretty much full) of HOLSTERS WE DON'T USE ANYMORE. BlackHawk is quality and I get alotta their stuff off the more reputable eBay Sellers (many have REALLY REALLY good pricing). Good Luck!

New postPosted: April 11th, 2018, 8:37 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

12 year old thread... Impressive, ARCraig! We have a master-level thread necromancer.

Carlos M. Roman
Director of Training/Arizona
DefTech Academy
https://www.deftech.academy/

New postPosted: April 12th, 2018, 7:36 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

WhiteDragon_48 wrote:
12 year old thread... Impressive, ARCraig! We have a master-level thread necromancer.

[smilie=anim_hail.gif] [smilie=anim_rofl.gif]

New postPosted: April 12th, 2018, 9:19 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Hahahahaha

New postPosted: April 13th, 2018, 8:12 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Woooo hoohoo! Look who knows so much!