"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Re: Recommendations needed: war belt
New postPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 8:04 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Update......thanks to patiently waiting on some Amazon deals I ended up with the following:

- HSGI Slim-grip in multicam. Too bad I ordered coyote. Multicam is fine. Just annoying that Amazon fulfillment can't read the pick order.
- Elite Co Shooters belt for the inner belt. Got it with the Cobra buckle and 1.5-inches wide, not 1.75. It is very stiff and more than adequate for the intended purpose. I had never heard of them until reading a review somewhere else. They are a small veteran-owned company.

Now to place the intended pouches, a canteen (may go single now) and decide which pistol will likely ride this setup.

Gotta love Amazon packaging. Yeah, I know, there were several other items in the order and it is likely they shipped from different DCs. Everything received could have been shipped in one box; not 4.

New postPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 7:10 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Update time ---- pictures coming soon once I get the final configuration complete.

What I know need is some holster input. With the belt riding on the hip bones it puts holster a little higher than I like. So I am looking for input or recommendations for a drop-down or loop to attach the holster that allows it to ride lower. No, I don't want to go the thigh holster route. So here is what I have been looking at:

Option 1: Blade Tech Industries Tek-Lok Holster Attachment with Hardware - if I am reading correctly, with a straight holster attachment it would lower the holster sufficiently
Option 2: Blade Tech Drop and Offset Holster Attachment with Tek Lok - same thing but the offset is like 1-1/2 inches in addition to the 1-1/2 inch drop. The offset may be too much
Option 3: BLACKHAWK SERPA Mod-U-Lok Platform with Screws

Does anyone else have any thoughts or recommendations?

New postPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 8:42 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

opt 2

New postPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
John how about this, in matching color/pattern

MOLLE II Holster/Leg Extender NSN-8465-01-515-7644

https://www.eaglesofwar.com/c-2464-molle-ii-holster-leg-extender.aspx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

New postPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 10:43 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

The problem I've found with the leg extenders is that it puts the holster just above the knee, which is worthless.

Drop leg holsters are ok, when they just drop off the belt level a small bit. All the way down to just above the knee, no bueno.

New postPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 10:44 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

AzIDPA wrote:
opt 2

Agreed

New postPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 5:00 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid. I'm going to be using the kit for hiking, not going to Harkins Theater.

Will do a mockup of Option 2 this evening. With two recommendations as well as looking at a few photos on line of a similar setup that may be the way to go. That would allow me the most flexibility on which pistol to carry since my mood does change.

New postPosted: August 11th, 2017, 3:59 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Almost complete. Pictures coming soon. For those who recommended Option 2; you were absolutely spot on. Took a bit of finagling to get it on the belt correctly but once I did it looked good. Just need to adjust it a tad. The drop down and offset are perfect. Currently have it set up with a *gasp* Serpa for the Glock 21 / 41. That can be swapped out in 2 minutes for a 1911 / P220/226 / Glock 17 depending on what fits my mood at the time. Will probably leave it as is for the time being.

New postPosted: August 17th, 2017, 9:35 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Ok, critique time. Here it is in current configuration:

Belt is HSGI Slimgrip, inner belt is Elite CO 1.5-inch with Cobra buckle. From the left:

- dual pistol magazine pouch
- small utility pouch that will be used for small FAK
- GI canteen with canteen cup; GI pouch secured using Tactical Tailor Malice clips
- larger utility pouch (8x6x3.5) that will be used for sustainment items; space blanket, some paracord, firestarter kit, some energy bars, etc.
- multitool
- Bladetech drop and offset holster attachment; currently set up for G21/41
- flashlight

The holster set up can be swapped out in 2 minutes for a 1911 / P220/226 / G17/34 (don't know if 19 will fit) depending on what my mood is. At the moment it will stay as is.

Still need to add the carabiner and gloves. No knife as a folder is always in my pocket as part of my EDC.

Remember, I set this up for hiking with the wife and not wanting to carry all that in the backpack or for hunting.

Thoughts? Anything I should add or drop?

New postPosted: August 17th, 2017, 10:38 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

looks like that should work!
Only thing else I would add is http://www.optactical.com/atslowprsu.html
They're low profile enough to wear under a pack but still support the belt on those longer hikes.