"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently May 26th, 2017, 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Recommendations needed: war belt
New postPosted: May 4th, 2017, 9:18 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Yes, you read that right. No, I'm not planning to head off to Syria. Got them in my neighborhood now.

Seriously, with the weather now warming up I'm planning on more and more time up at Northern Command. My current job at work has me classified as IHO (in home office) so I really don't need to go into our Tempe offices. So, a phone call to have Internet service installed at Northern Command and I am set. Since I work primarily ATL hours (where my current group is based) unless I am on travel I am generally off work by 3PM, 4 at the latest. Since Northern Command is literally at the base of Mingus lots of hiking adventures (did 5 miles on 28 last Saturday).

So here is the scenario. I always take a backpack with us. Want to move a little gear out of it and add some gear to the war belt. Standard items will be whatever pistol I happen to grab, couple extra magazines, two canteens, small IFAK, sustainment-type pouch. Nothing hard core for E&E from the marauding herds of elk and deer or the occasional bear. Everything else goes in the backpack; 3L water, firestarter, 1-2 days rations for "just in case", tarp for quick shelter, the usual stuff a sensible person would carry in the back country.

Oh, and I'll probably wear it hunting now that #1 granddaughter is getting more and more into it.

So, with the scenario, recommendations that won't break the budget? Yes, I've also been reading a similar thread on ARFcom. Would like to hear from the local guys.

Post subject: Re: Recommendations needed: war belt
New postPosted: May 4th, 2017, 10:40 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

surplus GI ALICE kit

Post subject: Re: Recommendations needed: war belt
New postPosted: May 5th, 2017, 6:34 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Got that along with H-harness, butt pack and a couple old school M16 pouches. You can actually get quite a bit of small stuff in one. Am looking to go a little more modern though I can also attach a Camelbak Thermobak or Armorbak to the H-harness via the D-rings. asu174 had one; I just didn't speak up in time.