ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: 10/22 Photo thread
New postPosted: October 17th, 2008, 9:14 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Can we get a 10/22 or even call it a rimfire "Photo" thread?

Seems to me that everyone owns a .22.....?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: 10/22 Photo thread
New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 9:54 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

WOW!! No one else here has a .22!!! Crazy! :)

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 10:51 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Here is my Ruger 10/22. It is the first rifle I ever owned, still shoots like a champ!!

-Derek

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 12:47 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Okay I'll pitch in. Boyds Stock, Green River barrel and a 4x12 Leapers scope. Home made recoil buffer and own trigger work.

Got another in the works using a Boyds Evolution blue/yellow stock, Tactical Solutions barrel and the rest to be determined.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 2:51 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

xjedix wrote:
Here is my Ruger 10/22. It is the first rifle I ever owned, still shoots like a champ!!

-Derek

Great! The holes in the stock are certainly unique. It must weigh next to nothing.

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 2:59 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

FALAZ wrote:
Okay I'll pitch in. Boyds Stock, Green River barrel and a 4x12 Leapers scope. Home made recoil buffer and own trigger work.

Got another in the works using a Boyds Evolution blue/yellow stock, Tactical Solutions barrel and the rest to be determined.

Looks like a great setup!

No big deal but I assume you meant Green Mountain barrel? I intend to go with a GM barrel but have yet to find one that is SS, Fluted and Threaded.

I have already reworked my bolt release. What can yo tell us about your trigger work?

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 3:08 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Nothing special here. Does have extended mag release and bolt hold open. Rings are also see-thru so iron sights can be used.

Notice the chip in the wood near the front of the ejection port. If I remember correctly that happened from a spent case within the first 100 rounds [smilie=icon_sad.gif]

80's I like your goal, pretty sweet.

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 4:57 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

ok Ill play, but no comments about the crap on the table

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 4:57 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

80sParatrooper wrote:
FALAZ wrote:

Looks like a great setup!

No big deal but I assume you meant Green Mountain barrel? I intend to go with a GM barrel but have yet to find one that is SS, Fluted and Threaded.

I have already reworked my bolt release. What can yo tell us about your trigger work?

My bad, I did mean Green Mountain. I had Powder River on the brain because I installed their trigger kits in my XD's. For trigger work on the 10/22 I polished the pivot pins and the mating surfaces of the trigger group. Made my own shims for the side to side play in the trigger and cut one coil off of the trigger return spring/plunger assembly. I also installed a trigger stop screw and did a small bit of stoning on the sear. It's not the best trigger job I've felt on a 10/22 but not bad for a first effort. I also borrowed a tip from rimfirecentral.com and drilled a 3/8" in the rear of the receiver so I can run a cleaning rod in from the rear. I removed the bolt and inserted a laser bore sighter in the chamber end of the barrel so that the dot would show on the inside rear of the receiver. Measured the location of the dot and transfered the measurements to to the outside of the receiver and drilled the hole. It sure takes the worry out of possibly damaging the rifling at the muzzle. I'm going to do the same thing on my next build and am thinking of installing a pin in the stock that will fit into that hole and anchor the rear of the receiver. That will give the receiver two points of positive contact with the stock. I've noticed with some 10/22s that the receiver can rock on the mounting screw if the rear of the stock to receiver is a sloppy fit. The Evolution stock for my next build has the barracuda type forend that provides no support for the barrel which would stop the possible rocking.

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 5:04 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

azfred wrote:

You have a full pic?
That stock looks nice.... details?

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 5:35 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

That is a gorgeous looking stock full pics would be nice. Currently in the process of transforming my boys 10/22 into something light and more managable for him. Apparently what is light to me is not to him lol

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 5:47 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

here is a link to the stock, mine is nutmeg, I bought when they first came out and paid way more than what these are going for. I will get some pics in the sun this week
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-322/Boyds'-Evolution-Laminated-Stock/Detail

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Frankyoz wrote:
That is a gorgeous looking stock full pics would be nice. Currently in the process of transforming my boys 10/22 into something light and more managable for him. Apparently what is light to me is not to him lol

I bought the that style stock from ebay for my next build http://cgi.ebay.com/ruger-10-22-stock-e ... m153.l1262
The stocks he sells are unfinished, meaning there is no clear coat and some final shaping will need to be done also. It is fully inleted so your receiver/barrel will drop right in. If your willing and have some skills it will save you $70-90. They are slightly lighter than stock but not as light as xjedix's version. The one that is in my posted pic I bought from Boyds web site. Got it for $90 because he said it had flaws. The only flaws I could discern was small rust looking spots in the wood. looked more like character than flaws to me :D

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 6:02 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

yes, I bought mine from boyds as well, mine was complete so thats why I paid more, but I love that stock, and my lefty nephew can shoot it too. I just noticed as you posted those were unfinished.

New postPosted: October 19th, 2008, 6:37 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

The one in my posted pic was a completely finished blem from Boyds. The new one is from ebay and is unfinished like in the link you posted. It's fully inletted but has about 1/16-1/8" extra wood (proud) left to remove to become flush with the top and bottom of the receiver. With careful use of a drum sander or draw knife it would be easy to get both sides even. I too shoot rifles left handed because of being extremely left eye dominate. Sure makes it hard to find good left handed stocks [smilie=anim_banghead.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next