It is currently November 19th, 2017, 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Re: Enfield Cosmoline Removal Question
New postPosted: November 9th, 2017, 2:55 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/index.html

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose."~Sir Adrian

New postPosted: November 12th, 2017, 3:14 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Well Classic sent me a totally rusted junker with a chipped and almost broken bolt head guide ramp. And the spring that is supposed to apply pressure to the extractor claw popped out twice during cleaning without and stress being put on it. Just fell right out. Lesson learned: do not buy sight unseen and rely on the merchants grading system.

Now to somehow get them to send me their FFL information soon enough that I can ship the rifle back within their ludicrous 15 day window...

New postPosted: November 14th, 2017, 3:51 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Never used classic arms, have heard alot of bad reviews about them, best of luck, check out empire arms, I got an amazing #1 mk 3 from them a few years ago.

New postPosted: Yesterday, 6:39 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Enfields have loose tolerances in the headspace area to permit it to operate in less than desirable conditions. Years ago I had an No 4 Mk 1 which failed the No-Go gauge but passes the Go gauge. I noticed the bolthead was marked “0” so I bought a set of other longer boltheads to tighten the headspace a bit more. I remember that boltheads were made in at least a range from 0-3. I placed a “1” bolthead in the rifle and was successful in tightening the headspace to no longer close on the No-Go gauge.

New postPosted: Yesterday, 3:00 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
Time to buy mil surps is when they first hit the streets. All the as new unused unissued pristine examples are long gone. The 80s and 90s were great for like new examples but now you gotta buy only when you can select it your self or buy one of the super special high end grades. I wouldn't even buy hand select items anymore. Especially from century or J&G.