ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Good news from DSA! New production magazines shipping!
New postPosted: September 17th, 2009, 4:28 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

OK, for anyone who hasn't been checking, DSA swore up and down last january that they would have new production metric high caps (20s, 25s, and 30s) by April. In April they said June and in June they started taking pre orders for delivery in july/august. Today, after much angsty waiting, I finally came home to find a box of new magazines on my doorstep. So, new 20s are shipping, and if they stick to the schedule (most recent version) then 25s will be in 2-3 weeks and 30s 2-3 weeks after that.

I don't know how easy they will be to get as they are supposed to fill pre orders first but the flow of magazines is certainly improving and since the gunshow had good ammo prices.... It is promising to be a faltastic fall!

Post subject: Re: Good news from DSA! New production magazines shipping!
New postPosted: September 17th, 2009, 6:46 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Good news also that these are US made, so they count as three compliance parts (!).

I’m in no hurry, but next time I order from DSA, I’m sure considering a couple of those 25’s . . . and maybe even a 30 as well. [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

New postPosted: September 21st, 2009, 12:43 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Hmmmm. 30's...

Tempted. But I'll wait for results.

New postPosted: October 1st, 2009, 1:29 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

What did the 20's run you, and what are the suggested prices for the 25 and 30's?

New postPosted: October 1st, 2009, 6:15 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I pre ordered it all back in april so I honestly don't remember except to say that I recall thinking it was a very good price, especially for the higher caps since they are hard to come by at all, much less at a decent price. I'll see if i can find the invoice.

New postPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 3:11 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Just a quick update.

The 20s I received function flawlessly.

They have been saying "one more month" on the 25 and 30 round mags for a long time so I called them today. They told me that there was a small production run of them and that DSA was not happy with them and so changes are being made (The design being tweaked they say, not totally reworked) and they are now expecting to have them in late spring. Personally I will believe it when I see it, but it still will be way better than scrounging them from gunbroker at $100 each.

New postPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 8:39 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

As long as they get them right I'm content to wait for them. Their on my list already, right next to the New Bren Ten "Special Forces" light finish model. [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

New postPosted: October 6th, 2010, 9:42 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

OK, lol, it's been two years since my last update and there is still no sign of the 25 and 30 round magazines. They are still saying something along the lines of "4-6 weeks" every time I call. I love their rifles but I am starting to hate the company.

I am wondering at this point who in the hell they got to design the magazines. They say they got a batch and were unhappy with them but, and I am no engineer, how hard can it be to make a metal box with a sring and follower that inserts in a 60 year old rifle design?

To compare, during WW2 (when engineering design still happened on drafting boards with slide rules) The P51 which would become arguably the best fighter plane of the war was designed, built and put into mass production in under 5 months.

New postPosted: October 9th, 2010, 9:50 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Quote:
The P51 which would become arguably the best fighter plane of the war was designed, built and put into mass production in under 5 months.

Just goes to prove DSA is NOT North American!

New postPosted: October 27th, 2010, 10:23 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

silverback wrote:
OK, lol, it's been two years since my last update and there is still no sign of the 25 and 30 round magazines. They are still saying something along the lines of "4-6 weeks" every time I call. I love their rifles but I am starting to hate the company.

Same here... I even "volunteered" to be a test subject for them - no luck.

New postPosted: October 31st, 2010, 10:42 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

silverback wrote:
To compare, during WW2 (when engineering design still happened on drafting boards with slide rules) The P51 which would become arguably the best fighter plane of the war was designed, built and put into mass production in under 5 months.

No kidding, I love that reference. Although I understand a lot of the design prints already existed when they started, but still impressive. Now in the age of powerpoint, it takes 5 months to get an organization to agree on a powerpoint presentation.

New postPosted: January 1st, 2011, 10:05 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

DSA aftermarket mags. "They mighta choked Arti, but they aint gonna choke Styme."

Post subject: Any update Re: Good news from DSA! New production mags shipp
New postPosted: March 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Well sent DSA emails for update on new mags without any replies. So I called and was told to leave my name and number and some one would get back to ASAP with an update. 2 weeks ago...........still nothing.

I wonder who is doing the manufacturing for them? Korea seems to be able to make AK,AR,Drums, etc. pretty well now. Also I wonder who Kel Tec is getting their mags from for the RFB????

New postPosted: April 22nd, 2011, 12:11 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

We are close to three and a half years out from the initial 6 month estimate. They have in that time managed to make one crop of 20s which you only got access to if you had pre ordered them. I finally emailed them and canceled my pre-order for 30 rounders. It is at this point literally the case that at least one satellite is orbiting the earth that was not even on the drawing board when DSA started in on this and still a metal box with a spring a follower and a base plate seems to complex for them. I don't know who they have contracted to do this stuff but in the ammount of time they have taken so far, I could have gone and gotten an engineering degree. We beat the Germans in less time than they have taken to design and produce a magazine. OK I'll stop but you all get the point.

New postPosted: April 22nd, 2011, 12:33 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

With the amount and quality of surplus mags out there I must ask....why?