ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Springfield Armory SAR-48?!?!?
New postPosted: February 17th, 2008, 7:47 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

What is a like new Springfield Armory SAR-48 worth these days?
I am looking at getting one and was wondering if the asking price was close to being correct.

Heavy 21" barrel. Springfield receiver. All Israeli parts. .308 caliber. Walnut furniture. This is a Springfield factory gun that was produced between 1985 and 1989. Only 40 rounds through the gun. Excellent condition. With 2 twenty round metric mags.

$1600.00

Phessor 8)

I live in my own little world and the people there like me...

Post subject:
New postPosted: February 17th, 2008, 7:54 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

that's not a bad deal for a springfield factory israeli FALO. kit built guns are worth about that much. the problem isn't buying it, it's if you want to resell it. the market isn't too hot for these.

Post subject:
New postPosted: February 18th, 2008, 8:50 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Israeli Heavy Barrel. Its a heavy pig at about 16 lb. I hope you like shooting prone. They are preban kit guns. In that the receiver is Imbel and the kit Israeli. Its a preban shooter. For that kind of money you could get a preban Argy FAL 50.00.

Bob

Post subject:
New postPosted: March 26th, 2008, 1:23 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

For that kind of money you can get a NIB DSArms FAL (SA58)

www.dsarms.com

Have you seen the SA48 ?

I recall having purchase a Springfield Armory SA4800 in the early 90's which came with a thumbhole stock and some odd contraption welded to the muzzle so that you couldn't put a flash hider on it. The wood was gorgeous, and I kind of wish I still had it, but I wouldn't spend more than $800-1000 for one today.

Post subject: SA 48 with Israeli HB
New postPosted: March 27th, 2008, 2:41 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I believe the price is a little inflated (but not too much). It really depends on what you want to use the rifle for. And of course, your willingness to pay for it. I myself own an SAR4800NM. It's a preban L1A1 built on a metric Imbel receiver. That's right, a British configured (folding rear sight, straight pistol grip, ventilated front sight, blah, blah, blah...) rifle with thin profile flash hider. It's a beautiful piece really. Shoots like a dream. I paid about $550 for it back in the late '80's. Now, I've seen SA48's go from $900 to about $1200 lately. But not for the $1600 you're being quoted. However, with all the hooplah going on in the news over assault rifles and such (and with the distinct possibility of a Dem in the Whitehouse) there may be a new AW ban in the works soon enough. In which case the value of these little gems will most definitely skyrocket. Keep that in mind when buying. Good luck!

Curtis

"Let it never be said of me that I acted my age"

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy when flame broiled and taste good with ketchup.

Post subject: Re: Springfield Armory SAR-48?!?!?
New postPosted: December 1st, 2014, 1:23 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

You realize the last post on this before yours was back in 2008.

Bill
K7ANT
Retired to the hills.

May God Bless the Sheepdogs of America!

Post subject: Re: Springfield Armory SAR-48?!?!?
New postPosted: December 10th, 2014, 10:24 am 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

My OP was in March of 2008. I think you're the one to resurrect this piece of history. But, now that its resurrected I can comment on the prophetic aspect of my OP. As it is, a Dem WAS elected to the Whitehouse, and a Dem controlled Senate. There was no AW ban, but with all kinds of press over some highly publicized mass shootings there was a lot of talk about banning them. Then there was the AR craze when the cost of even the cheapest made AR's went over $1000 each. Then there was the ammo craze when surplus 5.56 and 7.62 couldn't be had for less than .80 cents and 1 dollar per round respectively. Even the ubiquitous .22 LR ammo went nuts. Its been an interesting roller coaster for the last 6 or so years. But, for the most part, things seem to have calmed down a bit. I don't know if the original poster interested in the SAR4800 ever ended up buying it. If he did, I think he would have lamented his purchase as $1600 was quite a bit higher than what he could sell it for today. I still have mine and take it out every once in awhile to shoot. It has a Trilux SUIT on it an does a fair job of accurate shooting out past 400 meters. But that's about it. Those barrels weren't designed for precision marksmanship. But, like all FAL's they're a hoot to shoot. (Sigh) oh well, let's see if this post gets any traction (or maybe we'll just let it languish another 6 years or so).

"Let it never be said of me that I acted my age"

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy when flame broiled and taste good with ketchup.