It is currently August 19th, 2017, 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Re: What Has Changed - Over 35+ years
New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 3:39 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

asu174 wrote:
I no longer sell on Backpage, but no matter how reasonably I priced something there, I was always offered 20%-30% less than the asking price. When I was using BP, a Glock listed here for $475 would be there for $525-$550, knowing I'm going to get lowballed AND that I may not be selling to one of the good guys. I charged a premium to a BP buyer for the increased risk.

I to don't deal on backpage ( except if its a dealer and he has an ad there and its something I'm interested in). But good prices can be found here and other local gun boards.

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:03 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

i303 wrote:
Is that why the prices go up? We don't have to (supposedly) fill put a 4473? Used to be used guns were less than a new gun price. And will be again. Or is it because the seller bought it at peak price and want to recoup? Either way it's stupid but this is the stupid generation. I'll buy the best priced gun out there. 4473 or not. It's too late for me not to be one of tens of millions in a database of lawful owners including NFA items.

I wasn't going to mention prices here but it's better here. Plus we can deal with much confidence. However people don't buy here anymore since 2012/2013 price spike.

You tell me. I just perused the ads here and saw any number of pistols at prices equal to or in a couple cases higher than what I can get brand new. I met up with asu174 for a deal today and we did some window shopping afterwards. I saw several police trades that were in damn good shape at prices I would pay. I also saw new guns for the same price as used guns listed here.

With the people I've dealt with here, can I deal with confidence? Absolutely and I would do so again. But don't bullshit me into thinking your gun with several hundred or more rounds through it and maybe a couple extra mags is worth as much or more as an identical new gun.

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 8:30 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

John Kuhns wrote:
But don't bullshit me into thinking your gun with several hundred or more rounds through it and maybe a couple extra mags is worth as much or more as an identical new gun.

Wut? I don't recall bullshitting anyone or are you speaking in general? In fact I usually sell my guns as quickly as I can but haven't sold anything in a while. And read up, I was saying the same thing.