ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Re: PHX PD why not shoot at legs to stop knife attacker?
New postPosted: March 9th, 2012, 5:09 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

F4D wrote:
PULEEEEEZ...........................Lock this inane thread.

I think your sarcasm meter is busted F4D... [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

New postPosted: March 9th, 2012, 5:14 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Location: _______________________________ Joined: Aug 13, 1914 _______________________________ Posts: 356,319
bloodnguts wrote:
F4D wrote:
PULEEEEEZ...........................Lock this inane thread.

I think your sarcasm meter is busted F4D... [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

There is no such thing as inane threads, unless they start talking to you through inanimate objects and telling you to do stuff...like that neighbor dog keeps doing to me...

The eagle flys at midnight, the owl flys at 02:00
The table is against the wall, the chair is against the door
Color for today is yellow, the number is 72

Nothing to see here — Carry on

New postPosted: March 9th, 2012, 6:21 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

[smilie=anim_hail.gif] [smilie=anim_hail2.gif] [smilie=anim_headbang.gif] [smilie=anim_bounce.gif] [smilie=anim_bannana.gif] :p

New postPosted: March 9th, 2012, 6:54 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

ksh480 wrote:
I have to agree with a shot to the legs - hit that femoral artery and good nite Alice.

Very true. Remember that guy last year who had an AD into the groin area while mexican carrying a chambered Glock. He bled to death in the driver's seat of his mini van (with his four kids in the back seat) before the ambulance could even get there.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news ... r-1467500/
In the Spotsylvania case, police said the victim was sitting inside his family's van with his four children outside the Giant grocery store in the Harrison Crossing shopping center.

The man's wife was about halfway out of the van, intending to walk to the store to return a DVD, when she heard a pop, which she and the children, all younger than 10, initially believed was a balloon bursting. There were balloons in the van.

The man threw the gun to the floorboard and said, "Oh my God, I think I just shot myself," according to Scott.

The man was pronounced dead after being taken to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.

Scott described the man's gun as .40-caliber Glock 27 with a small pistol grip.

You would call the guy a Darwin award winner except he had already passed on his genes.

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 12:22 pm 
New to AZS

I would suggest that anyone who can't understand why police HAVE to shoot for the mid body and not the legs enroll in a citizens police academy. You will learn exactly what our police have to endure every day. It takes only a fraction of a second for an armed aggressor to reach a cop. A bullet to the leg may not stop the perp where as a shot to the gut probably would. It's easy to criticize but unless you are in a situation where you are confronted by an aggressive lawbreaker you should seriously understand the consequences of your actions. Better to be a live
cop than a dead one.

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 12:57 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

What happened to the 500ft rule?

602-955-3007 8:00-5:00 M-F
602-955-0707 Fax
Phoenix-Firearms@cox.net

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 1:15 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

What happened to the 5 year old post rule?

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 3:23 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
Necroposting almost as creepy as necrophelia but with no boobies.

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 3:44 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I think everyone is just afraid to say what needs to be said or is in the pocket of the manufactures. It's obvious time and time again, it was obvious when this thread was first written 15 years ago, that they must be totally and irrevocably banned, nobody should be allowed to have one ever again.

If phones were illegal this woman would have never called and would be alive today, well maybe not today, but 5 years ago. Stand up to the telecommunication industrial complex and ban phones. Think of the children.

New postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 7:39 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Phoenix David wrote:
I think everyone is just afraid to say what needs to be said or is in the pocket of the manufactures. It's obvious time and time again, it was obvious when this thread was first written 15 years ago, that they must be totally and irrevocably banned, nobody should be allowed to have one ever again.

If phones were illegal this woman would have never called and would be alive today, well maybe not today, but 5 years ago. Stand up to the telecommunication industrial complex and ban phones. Think of the children.

Damn straight.
This country needs some serious phone control legislation and we need it NOW!!

No Excreta Taures.

New postPosted: February 15th, 2017, 9:46 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Fighting for your life in a situation that takes two seconds to develop is a lot different than leisurely shooting at paper targets. The human brain does some interesting things in a hyper stress situation. That's why you have to train train train to make the actions necessary turn into muscle memory. I've read about police shootings where the officer cant remember even drawing his weapon. I've read about shootings where the officer didn't even hear his own gun going off. The mind is trying to process sudden and uncontrolled chaos and in the midst of it all you're trying to do a trick shot? Not the way it works. Even if you manage to hit the femoral artery it will take several minutes for a person to lose conscience. To stop a charge you'd have to hit and break major bones which would only slow a dedicated attacker down, maybe.

This is why many shootings that to some might appear to be unjustified seemingly get swept under the rug or go unprosecuted is because the standard involved is what did the officer think and feel at the time of the incident. It's nice to be able to armchair quarterback these things but only the officer who was there standing toe to toe with the threat can truly give an account of what was going through his mind at the time.

I had a woman pull a knife on me once. I would have been 100 percent justified had I engaged with deadly force. What I did was simply look her in the eye and said "are you f***ing kidding me?". I didn't even draw my weapon. My tone and body language instilled in this person the likely unfortunate consequences of continuing down that path. In another situation given another set of circumstances it could have played out differently.

Never ever shoot to kill. Never ever say you shot to kill. You engaged with deadly force to terminate a hostile act that would likely result in the serious injury or death of ones self or a third party. In Arizona you can also engage with deadly physical force to stop a sexual assault or the arson of an occupied structure.

A lot of the training I received with regard to firearms was shoot/don't shoot scenarios. Trying to place an officer under stress then place them in an unknown and dynamic situation during these trainings is the only way I think you can train for a lethal force situation. Train to react, you wont have time to think about it.

New postPosted: February 17th, 2017, 12:26 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

NGLEN12GAOA wrote:
Better to be a live
cop than a dead one.

How the hell did you dig up my thread from 5 years ago?

Interesting enough I posted that in early 2012 and all the cops shooting protests started in 2014 and now we got body cams. Too many videos popped up where suspect is moving away and cop shoots him dead in the torso. The killing of indian woman in Winslow, she was moving slow towards officer, he could of popped one in her leg to stop the threat. so on and so on