ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently June 23rd, 2017, 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Should NRA get credit for electing Trump?
New postPosted: March 19th, 2017, 3:39 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Fred Barnes thinks so. http://www.weeklystandard.com/gunning-for-hillary/article/2006969

Quote:
There are many claimants to the honor of having nudged Donald Trump over the top in the presidential election. But the folks with the best case are the National Rifle Association and the consultants who made their TV ads.

The NRA did just about everything right. It endorsed Trump last May when he was still just the de facto nominee. The goal was to persuade Second Amendment supporters who’d backed other candidates to unify behind him.

The NRA planned ahead. It had lined up TV time months beforehand when rates were lower. That saved money. Thus when the Access Hollywood tape threatened to capsize the Trump campaign a month before the election, the NRA had cash on hand for a fresh ad to steady Trump.

And the NRA kept track of every word Hillary Clinton uttered on the subject of guns. This wasn't new. It's what an interest group does. Once she was the Democratic nominee, they were ready to shred her claim to back the Second Amendment and the right of women to own guns.

Democrats helped too. They made the mistake of going on offense on gun control. They were playing with fire. But the issue proved irresistible after Terry McAuliffe stressed gun control in his successful race for governor of Virginia in 2013. McAuliffe didn't get any gun restrictions passed, but he hooked Democrats. Next was the former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. He poured millions into Senate races in 2014, tightening the Democratic party's attachment to gun control.

"That's when the politics changed on the Democratic side," says Brad Todd of OnMessage, the Republican firm that created the ads for the NRA. They softened the image of gun owners by featuring women. The ads were cleverly sequenced, the final one suggesting Clinton would create a Supreme Court majority opposed to the right of individuals to own guns.

[more]

Post subject: Re: Should NRA get credit for electing Trump?
New postPosted: March 19th, 2017, 4:34 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

When you look at the margins Trump won by in the states that he needed to win in, Fred Barne's claims ring spot on to me.

Al Gore would have won his home state of Tennessee and would have been president instead of Bush, but the Democrat gun owners abandoned him.

If all the gun owners in America voted for pro gun candidates, the Democrats would never win an election... Remember "Rednecks for Obama"?
They rise to the top of the heap in political douchebaggery.

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose."~Sir Adrian

New postPosted: March 19th, 2017, 9:25 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

By that stretch of the imagination you should also thank the NRA for cozying up to Harry Reid in 2009 when Nevada opened the new range in Las Vegsa not to mention they donated $5000 to him and not a single penny went to Sharron Angle.

Don't believe the contribution?

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/recips. ... te=&sort=A

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 8:14 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Harry Reid has a solid pro gun stance so no doubt the NRA likes him. Got to remember that the NRA isn't necessarily Right Wing except that they stand for the second amendment.

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 9:05 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Meme magic should get credit for electing Trump.

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 5:17 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Quote:
During the opening day of confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) called the NRA an “extreme organization” that stands in the way of getting “military-style assault weapons off our streets.”
Feinstein’s NRA comment came after she voiced her expectations that the Supreme Court will have final say on air and water pollution and just before she addressed employers who “[discriminate] against workers.”

CSPAN 2 aired Feinstein’s comments: “It is the Supreme Court that will have final word … [on] whether the NRA and other extreme organizations will be able to block common sense gun regulations, including those that keep military-style assault weapons off our streets.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... anization/

They helped . Now we gotta get that swamp drained.

Hutch

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 5:48 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

That's the same Diane Feinstein who has a concealed carry permit of her own.

The NRA is no more extreme than the Sierra Club or Media Matters or any other other alt-left organization bent on destroying to Constitution.

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:07 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

The good ship named common sensed sailed long ago, that is why Dianne Frankenstein is still employed.

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose."~Sir Adrian

New postPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:12 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

... they should get as much credit as any organization