"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently February 23rd, 2018, 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Ben Avery today-Gun Radio Show
New postPosted: December 19th, 2015, 12:20 pm 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Went out to range thought I would kill two birds with one stone. Range was kind of busy, but I only waited 10 minutes to get a spot. But the worst part was getting to the range, as GUN RADIO-GUN SHOW had traffic backed up for their parking. This was totally unorganized, and really just chaos.

Wondered over to the show as I had the intention of going in, but the admission was Nine bucks with Coupon, and I finally go to look inside it was disappointing. Not seeing anything that look organized, just more confusion.

Went back out side and spoke with someone leaving, they were disappointed and made a comment saying there was a lot of stuff for sale that had zero to do with shooting or a gun show. Trinkets, jewelry, toys secret creams & potions.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

Post subject: Re: Ben Avery today-Gun Radio Show
New postPosted: December 19th, 2015, 4:22 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Sounds like the typical gun shows today.

New postPosted: December 19th, 2015, 5:42 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I was one of the chumps, that payed $11, to get in. Kind of hoped, being a new venue. Different vendors would show up. Different guns, and more reasonable prices. No such luck :| Same, people, same prices, from 2 weeks ago at the fairgrounds.

The only thing that I saw different. Was some guy selling selling Turkish. 8mm simulation pistols. They really looked like the real McCoy. He was upfront about telling people, that they were blank firing repos. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though. Until some of the wise guys start palming them off, as the real thing. To unknowledgeable folks, who thing they are the real deal.

New postPosted: December 20th, 2015, 7:02 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

rbking wrote:
I was one of the chumps, that payed $11, to get in. Kind of hoped, being a new venue. Different vendors would show up. Different guns, and more reasonable prices. No such luck :| Same, people, same prices, from 2 weeks ago at the fairgrounds.

The only thing that I saw different. Was some guy selling selling Turkish. 8mm simulation pistols. They really looked like the real McCoy. He was upfront about telling people, that they were blank firing repos. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though. Until some of the wise guys start palming them off, as the real thing. To unknowledgeable folks, who thing they are the real deal.

Well I have to laugh at AZHusker comments as he has never been to a gun show he apparently liked. I do not know what the word “typical” means.

But the last SAR show was fine & dandy. I honestly challenge anyone to go head to head with the offering of a better Gun Show than what is offered by the Cross Roads people.

This guy who does the Gun Radio Show has always put on marginal show. The Shrines venue is OK, the Glendale Civic Center is OK.

But honestly his show are small, and I would rather pay the extra a few time a year and go to the Cross Roads Shows, as there are always private parties who will wheel & deal.

Last Cross Roads show the SAR I even picked up a could of items from hungry dealer who were will to come off asking prices.

IMHO the Ben Avery Air Gun building is a poor venue, because it is small, the parking is Sh*T, and last the traffic is horrible. This show was real bush league production IMHO. Not work $5.00 with all the attached headaches.
I unsubscribed from Gun Radio mailing after this fiasco.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

New postPosted: December 20th, 2015, 7:07 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I'm with you pennypincher. The last SAR show was outstanding and I got Mrs. Flash a G43 for $50.00 less than I could find it anywhere else and the Glockmeister tactical fiber optic/tritium night sights for $80.00 off what he normally charges. And, he threw in installation in 10 minutes while I waited.

Got a bunch of other deals there also, but those two were the biggies. It's funny how some people try to keep other people from having a good time thru their negative posts. I just consider the source.

New postPosted: December 20th, 2015, 8:04 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Flash wrote:
I'm with you pennypincher. The last SAR show was outstanding and I got Mrs. Flash a G43 for $50.00 less than I could find it anywhere else and the Glockmeister tactical fiber optic/tritium night sights for $80.00 off what he normally charges. And, he threw in installation in 10 minutes while I waited.

Got a bunch of other deals there also, but those two were the biggies. It's funny how some people try to keep other people from having a good time thru their negative posts. I just consider the source.

I have to laugh as people will pay to see the Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Suns, or Coyotes Pro Sport Team play.

Get ripped off for parking, tickets, food, and then have to fight traffic to escape from a parking lot that was staffed before the game to insure they could fill ever tiny space. Than after the game there are few people directing traffic so you can get out and on the road.

When you compared these sports team to going to a Gun Show I will choose the gun show over any of them. Plus the food & drinks are better, and cheaper.

Plus you do not have to go through all the Security BS, and if you want to bring in a couple of cold drinks, bottle of water & a sandwich for later in the day no one is there say NO.

New postPosted: December 20th, 2015, 12:34 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Flash wrote:

Your wife is one in a million. Don't let her get away. If I bought a G 43 for anybody. They would beat me over the head with it.

New postPosted: December 20th, 2015, 12:56 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I buy her whatever she wants, and she's a Glock person when it comes to CCW. She started with a G26, went to a G42 and now a G43.

Not what I like to CCW, but whatever she wants, she gets.