"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently February 20th, 2018, 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Custom Search

Post subject: Re: Gun radio Prepper show this weekend
New postPosted: September 17th, 2015, 3:15 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

That's the biggest problem with getting older, akapennypincher, you remember what things cost way back when.....of course you tend to forget how much you made back then, though.

One of my fondest memories is that of the 50 gallon wooden barrels with 03 Springfields in them, your pick for $25.00

I've got empty powder cans with price tags that say $3.50 on them.

New postPosted: September 21st, 2015, 6:35 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Each of use may have different memories because of the path we traveled to reach where we are today. Our paths that we all travel are different like our life experiences, both good & bad.

I recall how it was in the early 1950’s moving forward to 2015. That is in my case 65 plus years of experiencing history.

Back in the 1960’s before the 4473 Form that was to stop all gun crime the gun shows had less regulation, and were more people selling item. Not business coming out and setting up their retail operation on a few tables with the same price in their retail shops.

Today in the Valley of the Sun, the Cross Roads Shows has the biggest gun shows, and people like “husker” hate Bob the man behind the Cross Roads Operation. Why I do not know.

I will defend Bob as he pay for.

An Office or HQ for the Shows in UT

Pays utilities, insurance, telephone, fax, web-site, etc.

Staffs Salaries, and benefits

Advertising including mail, billboard, print, and radio

Renting of venues

Security (off duty cops)

Insurance for each venue

Staff salaries, motel rooms, meals at venues

Sure there are more expenses I forgot

Now how much this cost Bob? Who knows but after the bills, venue, employees, are all paid Bob get to keep the profit if any.

If bob takes in say $100,000.00 the weekend of the SAR from booth Rental & Gate fees how much is a fair profit for all Bob’s work pre show, during the show. I say Bob is has earned his profit.

As I suggest before if you think you can do a better gun show than the Cross Roads go for it, start your own show and maybe you will appreciate what putting on a show is all about beside see people paying for admission, and all that admission money coming in. But you do not see the out go on bills before the first penny of profit can be put in the bank.

If you have a problem with the State Fair Ground charging admission for parking, bitch at the Governor as I am sure he might even send you a reply why Parking Fee are necessary. That is not bob’s concession.

If the Anti gun people like our POTUS got their way there would be no gun shows, no private ownership of guns, or ammo.

If you hate Bob, or the Cross Roads Show show your hate with you wallet, and don’t go.

BTW attendance & people renting booths & table at gun shows seems to be on the decline. So at some point the promoter of Cross Roads, Gun Radio Show may just call it all quits.

Might be an opportunity for people to buy the Cross Roads, or Gun Radio show and become a rich & powerful show owner and experience the headaches.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

New postPosted: September 21st, 2015, 8:26 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I went to the Crossroads show yesterday. Walked out with 3 heavy bags full of stuff and got to spend some time BSing with Ed Martinez, the AZCdl honcho at a lot of these shows.

Had a great time and once again, some really great deals.

New postPosted: September 22nd, 2015, 4:49 am 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I am going to the NEXT Cross Roads Show at the Bird Cage. Reason I have two FREE PASSES to use by years end.

I like the stadium as the isle are wide, people are not so pushy, and the parking is free. Water out of the Cities water fountains is yuck.

Tried Mesa once, it was too crouded, and it was like hearding cattle.

Will go tp the SAR this year because it is the BEST SHOW of the year, and people come from as far away a Nebraska & Washington. No not SNOWTirds, young people who plan all year to attend the SAR.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

New postPosted: October 26th, 2015, 1:34 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I like going. I'd rather go to a gun show than the movies. I don't go in looking for deals, I'm going for entertainment. It's a fun outing.

New postPosted: October 27th, 2015, 2:59 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Liver wrote:
I like going. I'd rather go to a gun show than the movies. I don't go in looking for deals, I'm going for entertainment. It's a fun outing.

I go for both deals and entertainment, and also because Mrs. Flash would never forgive me if we didn't go.

New postPosted: October 27th, 2015, 3:58 am 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Flash wrote:
Liver wrote:

Mrs. Flash would never forgive me if we didn't go.

she is a keeper! [smilie=anim_headbang.gif]