Custom Search

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Clive Bundy and crew free. Charges dismissed w/prejudice
New postPosted: January 12th, 2018, 10:46 am 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

338lapua wrote:
What we need is to take review of deadly force cases completely away from police departments. They should have no authority to investigate themselves and no other police department should be able to look at another department either. There should be a citizens review board and they have final say and when they say a officer went too far and fires them the union can't help them either. Hell while we are at it we shut the unions down as well, why should government employees have unions, screw that noise.

While I don't think the current system of review is great, I don't know how you are going to qualify civilians for a review board.

You have highly political civilians who can get elected or selected for almost any board because of who they know or associate with. These are the same people that are still running around shouting: shoot to wound, why was he shot so many times, pepper spray can stop a bear why not use it, they only shot him because he was (fill in the blank other than white), he was a good boy no reason to shoot him.

If you truly qualify the civilians for service on a review board you will end up with Ex-LEOs or Military, and the results will be similar to what you have today but more politics injected which allowed them to get the position.

New postPosted: January 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
338lapua wrote:
What we need is to take review of deadly force cases completely away from police departments. They should have no authority to investigate themselves and no other police department should be able to look at another department either. There should be a citizens review board and they have final say and when they say a officer went too far and fires them the union can't help them either. Hell while we are at it we shut the unions down as well, why should government employees have unions, screw that noise.

What could go wrong.

Where does the justice system get involved. After a referral from citizens? How is it investigated for charges? What if the citizens call all shooting dirty? Who do they report to? Who backs up police ridden into fear of making a decision by citizen review boards and command staff be holding to them?

If you want changes that's what you elect people for.

It seems to me a citizens review board did judge this shooting. I think they were wrong but they were the ultimate citizens voice on this shooting. They thought it was at least not criminal.

All of this has happened before all of this will happen again. There are no perfect answers. Only good enough till they aren't.

New postPosted: January 12th, 2018, 9:43 pm 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

A panel of citizens deciding if a cop should get charges, it almost sounds like a GRAND idea. A GRAND IDEA JURY if you will. Perhaps we can shorten it for brevity sake and call it a GRAND JURY.

I like it! I think we've discovered something here folks.

New postPosted: January 13th, 2018, 3:20 pm 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

It's important to note they didn't go free due to them being judged innocent in court. The feds screwed the case up so badly the judge threw it out! Would have been more interesting to see it go to court to set actual precedents than be thrown out for the BS that happened by the lawyers and investigators.

New postPosted: January 13th, 2018, 3:48 pm 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Location: Phuk roof top voting machines. My radical right wing extreemists and I are moving on to Guillotines
They didn't just mess it up. That sounds like incompetence. They tried to railroad these people by lying and distorting the truth.

This mess was payback for the standoff where the feds had to back down. They tried to make it legal to cover up the payback. After all the bias, i.e. bigotry, against people who cling to religion and guns and shit was strong in that administration.